Monday 26 September 2011

Tomatoes

As a beginner gardener it's great to have so many friends who are already in to gardening, because they donate seeds and plants to you. Like these tomato plants, kindly donated by my Auntie Sue:


Now, I have literally NEVER grown anything before (save the generic basil plant on the window sill, which actually died more often than not), & I was told that tomatoes are a good veg to start with. They are so easy to look after, all I have done is shove a stake in & tied them to it with wool, & pinched out the little leaves growing between where the branches meet the stalk of the plant (this helps the plant to grow more fruit). No fertiliser, no pesticide, & no slug pellets. Easy peasy, & look at them now!


It's so easy for me to get excited about tomatoes! Especially when you grow your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment