Tuesday 27 September 2011

My Window Sill Take Over!

Unfortunately we are coming up to winter already. I do not have a greenhouse & I have planned ahead by making sure I have some indoor plants to nurture & fuss over during the cold period where I am likely to spend less time outdoors in the veg patch.
The window sill in our kitchen is a perfect home for my indoor plants, so I have completely taken over. I currently have 2 little apple tree beauties, which I have grown from the seed of an apple from the tree in my garden:


I have actually been told that more often than not, when one plants apple trees from seed they do not produce fruit, which is a little disappointing. However, I may as well try. Also, I do quite like the idea of being an OAP & being able to point to the bottom of the garden & tell my grandchildren that the two apple trees they see, I grew from a seed. It's all very heart warming & pleasing.
I am also currently fussing over my first chilli plant:


Isn't it a beauty? This attractive number was kindly donated to me by my best friends dad, who was equally excited that I had started growing my own veg, as he is obsessed with his veg patch too! Admittedly he has been at it for years, & is WAY more experienced than me, so he grew this plant from seed then donated it to my cause, & I am very thankful.
And guess what? It's just started flowering! How very exciting! 
No doubt there will be further blog posts to follow, concerning the progression of this plant, it's pretty special to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment