Monday 23 April 2012

Rain, Weeds & A Cheeky Teapot!

It has been raining ALL day, EVERY day, for the past week or so.


This morning there seemed to be a break in the grim weather, so out I went to the veg patch, & guess what? The weeds were LOVING this weather! I had more weeds in my veg patch than actual vegetables - & I'm not even exaggerating! They were thriving from all this moisture (if only the vegetables would take a leaf out of the weeds book...).
SO, out came the teapot!


No, not for a brew, but to deal with the task at hand in a different way than cheering me up with a lovely cuppa.
I learnt this trick when I watched my Granddads neighbour whip his teapot out the other week.
Fill your teapot with boiling water (minus the teabag), out you go to the garden, & pour it directly on to the weeds. It will wilt the leaves & kill the roots, without you having to use any nasty weed killing chemicals near your lovely veg!
You may need one or two trips to & fro, but it's worth it in the end.
Just be careful not to get any on your veg or flowers, or it will have the same effect on them too, but if you're cautious enough..... 
Job's a good 'un. 

No comments:

Post a Comment