Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Books!

I am one of those lucky people who has a birthday right next to Christmas, so I have to get all my book requests submitted in one go. This year I received the following:

1. The Thrifty Forager by Alys Fowler
Alys Fowler is the gardening journalist for The Guardian, & she is just GREAT! She has a few books, but this one is the bees knees! It is great on where & when to do your best foraging, with pictures to guide you, as well as cute little illustrations.

2. The Faber Book of Gardens edited by Philip Robinson
My lovely boyfriend knows exactly what I love best - reading & gardening. This book combines the two in the best way possible. It is a compilation of poems, prose and articles on 'the garden' from The Garden of Eden to The Eden Project! I don't think I have ever loved a book more.

3. Grow your Own Month By Month by Jo Whittingham
This book is so great for novices like me. It gives the perfect step by step guide on what to plant, sow, harvest & generally DO in a picture perfect month by month guide. In fact, it allows you to do exactly what it says on the tin! Perfect for the beginner gardener.

4. The Flavour Thesaurus by Niki Segnit
I have been asking for this book for SO long! It throws all other recipe books out of the window. If you like to improvise a lot in the kitchen, this is the book for you. If you have a look at what you can forage from the fridge, then have a look in this book, it tells you which flavours work best with said ingredient, and why it tastes so good. My copy is signed, which is even more exciting. Another brownie point for the boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment